Friday, October 17, 2008

your father should know.

when i was a kid, my dad, somewhat exasperated by the obsession with popular culture apparent in a child that was supposed to be his own progeny, would often tell me, 'you should go into advertising.'

very recently, gkw said the same thing.

well, not to sound like mccain, but guess what my friends?

i have gone into advertising.

i got a job working at my prof's sports marketing firm.

i dont know exactly what ill be doing, but im psyched. i start next week.

i will miss the sleepy, weekday daytime manhattan i have gotten to know these past coupla months. but not too much.

in other news, i keep having the super-smiley chinese woman at the dry cleaner patch up my one pair of jeans (for all intents and dons, one pair of pants), but new seams keep opening up in other places. ive gone two rounds with her in the last two weeks. if i go in for a third, i fear shell take my diesels in the back room and euthenize them.

anyway, ive basically worn these pants every day for the past two years or so. they have fought the good fight.